Fish Tacos w/ Red Cabbage & Cilantro
- 1 lb. white flaky fish like cod, mahi mahi, or walleye or tilapia, cut into long strips
- Corn tortillas
- 1 cup red cabbage, very thinly sliced
- ¼ c. scallions, chopped
- ¼ c. cilantro, ripped into large pieces
- lime wedges for garnish
- ⅔ c. plain yogurt or sour cream
- 3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced OR 1 Tbsp. hot sauce
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. ground coriander
- ¼ tsp. chipotle powder (optional)
- Squeeze lime juice & salt over fish.
- Whisk sauce ingredients together & set aside.
- Either grill or bread & deep fry fish. (Mix 1 c. flour, 2 Tbsp. cornstarch, 1 tsp. baking powder, ½ tsp. salt & & quickly mix in an egg beaten with some light beer.
- Roll each piece of fish in flour then dip in breading & slide into a couple of inches of 375 degree oil until golden brown. Drain on paper towel.)
- Warm each tortilla on a hot pan & serve topped with fish, cabbage, scallions, cilantro, sauce, & lime wedges.